Last Updated: 2023-04-11
By creating an account on our Site or otherwise providing us with yours or others’ Personal Information (as defined below), you expressly consent to the information handling practices described in this Privacy Notice and you acknowledge and confirm that you have permission to provide us with all personal information provided. If you do not agree with this Privacy Notice, please do not access, use, or register for an account on our Services.
Updates To This Policy
We may update this Privacy Notice based upon evolving laws, regulations, and industry standards, or as we may make changes to our Services. We will post changes to our Privacy Notice on this page or in the appropriate section of our App and encourage you to review our Privacy Notice when you use our Services to stay informed. If we make changes that materially alter your privacy rights, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. If you disagree with the changes to this Privacy Notice, you should discontinue your use of our Services.
Third Party Links
The Services may contain hyperlinks to other unaffiliated websites that may have information policies and practices different from ours. We have no control over those websites, are not responsible for their privacy policies, practices or content, and this Privacy Notice does not apply to them.
We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of an individual under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
Note To International Users
The Site is hosted in the United States. If you are a user accessing our Services from any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use, and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please be advised that through your continued use of the Site, which is governed by US law, you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States and you consent to that transfer.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
“Personal Information” means information that alone or when used in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you. Personal Information does not include anonymized or de-identified information. The data we collect depends on how you interact with our Services.
Information You Provide to Us
In general, you may provide us with your Personal Information when you create an account to access our Services, when you use to contact us, or when you subscribe to our newsletter. The Personal Information you may provide to us as you use our Services includes: your name, email, address, and telephone number. You may also provide us with your Personal Information when you apply for a career on our Site.
Information We Automatically Collect
When you use our Site or App, we may automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the trackers that are installed on your device using cookies and similar technologies. Additionally, as you browse the Site or App, we may collect information about the individual web pages and services that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site or App. We may automatically collect this information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Types of Cookies
We use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your device until you delete them). To make it easier for you to understand why we need them, the Cookies we use on our Site can be grouped into the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary: These Cookies are necessary for the Site to work properly. They include any essential authentication and authorization Cookies for our Site.
- Functionality: These Cookies enable technical performance and allow us to remember the choices you make while browsing our Site, including any preferences you set. They also include sign-in and authentication Cookies and IDs that enable you to return without additional sign-in.
- Performance/Analytical: These Cookies allow us to collect certain information about how you navigate the Site and App running on your device. They help us understand which areas you use and what we can do to improve them.
- Targeting: These Cookies are used to deliver relevant information related to our Site to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which has previously been used to visit our Site. Some of these types of Cookies on our Site are operated by third parties with our permission and are used to identify advertising sources that are effectively driving customers to our Site.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
Cookies can be controlled, blocked, or restricted through your web browser settings. Information on how to do this can be found within the Help section of your browser. All Cookies are browser specific. Therefore, if you use multiple browsers or devices to access websites, you will need to manage your Cookie preferences across these environments.
Find out how to manage Cookies on popular browsers:
- Google Chrome, available at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Microsoft Edge, available at https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy
- Mozilla Firefox, available at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Internet Explorer, available at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Opera, available at https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
- Apple Safari, available at https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-sfri11471/mac
If you are using a mobile device to access the Site, you will need to refer to your instruction manual or other help/settings resource to find out how you can control Cookies on your device. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that if you restrict, disable or block any or all Cookies from your web browser or mobile or other device, the Site may not operate properly, and you may not have access to our services available through the Site. We are not responsible for your inability to use our Site or any degraded function you may experience that may be caused by your settings and choices regarding Cookies.
Third-Party Analytics Providers
We also embed social sharing icons throughout our Site. These sharing options are designed to enable users to easily share content from our Site with others using a variety of different social networks. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by these third parties. You should review the privacy statements or policies applicable to the third-party services you connect to, use, or access.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the personal information we collect from you in the following ways:
- To provide and maintain our Services;
- To manage your account;
- For the performance of a contract and the development, compliance and undertaking of any contract you may have with us;
- To process your job application;
- To personalize your experience on the Site;
- To manage your requests;
- To process your transactions;
- To communicate with you, including through marketing communications;
- To screen for and investigate potential risks and fraud in our systems;
- To optimize our Site;
- To comply with legal obligations; and
- To establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim.
Sharing your Personal Information
We disclose your personal information:
- To our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice;
- To our third-party service providers, to facilitate services they provide to us. These can include providers of services such as data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, user support service, email delivery, auditing, and other services;
- To companies we work with in order to provide you with any services you have requested from us; and
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, respond to subpoenas, search warrants or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We may disclose your personal information as part of a corporate business transaction such as a merger or acquisition, divestiture, sale of Company assets, or in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership. In these cases, personal information could be transferred to third parties as a business asset. We may also share information with banks and similar entities for purposes of transferring loans in connection with your device financing.
Privacy Technology Practices
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers have incorporated “do not track” features to enable users to make privacy and security choices. By using these settings, your browser may send a signal to our Site not to collect tracking information. At this time, the Site does not respond to “do not track” signals, if received.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Site like in customer reviews.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
How To Opt Out Of Email Communications
If you provide us with your email address, we may send you product emails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such emails from us, you may opt out of future emails regarding that product by following the opt-out instructions in the email. Note that you cannot opt out of receiving required administrative or legal communications. Opt-out requests will be effective after a reasonable period of time for processing but in no event longer than such time as may be required by applicable law.
California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of the information you provide through the Site to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at the information provided below.
How To Contact Us
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please contact us:
630 William Pitt Way
U-PARC Building A-2
Pittsburgh, PA 15238-1332