collaboration is at our core
You have an idea that could take human mobility to the next level. You’re searching for an easier way to bring your idea to life — one that’s not just faster, more efficient, and more cost-effective, but also supported by a strong evidence-based track record.
That’s where we come in. We provide both the tools and expertise to power your exploration, at every step of the way. Whether you’re a device designer or a researcher, a clinician or a professional, we’ll work with you to find solutions that fit your needs. Our hands-on approach to collaboration gives you the freedom to stay focused on what’s important–the big “what if” questions–instead of getting mired in the technical details.
Our Customers & Target Markets
Our systems enable rapid, reliable, and cost-effective research, development, testing, and evaluation of the mechanics of wearable devices for anyone pursuing cutting-edge research and breakthrough innovations across industries.
- Exploring how next-generation wearable machines—prostheses, orthoses, exoskeletons, and beyond—may improve patient outcomes, athletic performance, soldier’s endurance, and more
- Deepening our understanding of the interactions between wearable technology and users
- Experimenting with novel robotic control techniques, sensors, materials, and more that could improve the capabilities of wearable machines
- Developing Human-In-The-Loop (HILO) approaches to improving the design and selection of wearable machines
If you’re looking to take your research to the next level, contact us today!
One of our ultimate goals is to help companies create better and truly innovative prosthetics, exoskeletons, orthotics, and more so that individuals have far greater access to highly effective solutions than they do today. We enable developers to push the boundaries of device design, expand their capabilities, and explore entirely new possibilities.
Caplex offers a research-backed approach to accelerate your R&D, with less risk, shorter development time, and at lower cost. Design — Test — Then Build: instead of starting with a traditional prototype, you can test ideas in hours instead of weeks, informing and improving your prototype design before you’ve spent precious time and money on start-up.
Whether you’re interested in the Caplex system alone or in a deeper collaboration, we will work with you to meet your goals. Our approach is designed to help you focus on the bigger picture and not get bogged down with the technical details.
- Searching for more effective wearable machines—prostheses, orthoses, exoskeletons, and beyond—that improve the health, mobility, and independence of patients who have reduced mobility
- Exploring new applications, including exoskeletons, that protect bodies and enhance physical performance for consumer athletics, professional sports, military service members, and more
If you’re ready to push the boundaries of wearable machine design further and faster, contact us. We’d love to partner in whatever ways work best for your organization.
- Tools to rapidly and systematically evaluate patient outcomes for prosthesis and orthosis users across various device options
- Clinically-translatable new medical device product concepts, with a particular emphasis on mechanically-intelligent passive mechanisms
- Supporting technology for investigators studying ways to improve mobility for individuals with cerebral palsy,peripheral artery disease, and more
If you are a clinician, researcher, medical professional, or patient interested in research and/or clinical trials, contact us!
Humotech is developing an evaluation tool, currently in clinical trials, to overcome these challenges and provide an evidence-based, personalized approach to care. The tool uses a lightweight, programmable foot attached to the patient’s prescribed socket interface that mimics different prostheses — the patient experiences the physical sensation of wearing different devices without having to wait for the manufacture and fitting of each one.
This “test-drive” approach will provide clinicians with the data they need to match the most appropriate prosthetic device to each patient, quickly and confidently. The data will also help insurance companies confirm that a particular device is the right one for the patient.
Our goal is to have an extensive database that allows clinicians and patients to try out any available prosthetic device, leading to better results for all.
Working directly with publicly-funded agencies is part of our mission to enable innovative mobility solutions for all, including for some of the most vulnerable and at-risk populations. We help government stakeholders find better, faster, and more efficient means of addressing societal needs.
Backed by rigorous scientific research, Humotech’s tools and platform are helping to shape the technology of tomorrow through collaborations with the U.S. Department of Defense, including the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Army Medical Research and Development Command.
- Improving patient outcomes among veterans, servicemembers, and their families who are living with lower limb loss and limb trauma through developing and validating technology to enable rapid trialing of candidate prosthetic and orthotic devices
- Developing exoskeletons to mitigate injuries and accelerate recovery for active duty military service members
If you are a public agency working on breakthroughs in prosthetics, exoskeleton, orthotic, and/or wearable device design and applications, please contact us. We are particularly eager to connect with stakeholders with well-defined needs/gaps that are looking to collaborate on or co-develop solutions. Learn more via our capabilities statement.
Join us in our quest to transform the way the world develops and uses wearable machines.
- Join our growing and passionate community.
- Advance new ideas in new ways with the best tools out there.
- Collaborate to expand the diversity of ideas and solutions.
- Unlock human potential.