Software Designed for Everyone
At the core of the Caplex system is our unique software suitable for beginners and advanced users alike. We strive for both plug-and-play usability as well as limitless customizability. Our proprietary software architecture and user interface, combined with fully-editable controllers, provide the best of both worlds. Our software is compatible with all versions of the Caplex system.
What's Included in a Standard Software Package
Wearable robotics control algorithms that provide foundational functionality which you can modify and/or build upon to achieve your research & development objectives.
- Joint torque and position controllers drive Caplex actuators over EtherCAT or Analog I/O with proven performance
- Example joint torque vs. angle controllers specifically designed for your Humotech-supplied Caplex wearable devices
- Cable force vs. time template controller which can be adapted to control just about anything
- Safety features to limit torque, range of motion, or any other critical biomechanical measures to protect users and devices from excessive actuator inputs
- Common utilities in a Simulink library to simplify building custom controllers
- Flexible architecture that enables you to quickly and easily add or remove degrees of freedom, sensors, actuators, and other controller elements
A versatile GUI that interfaces with MATLAB and Simulink to enable you to easily change system behavior on the fly, and monitor system response in real time.
Other UI features include:
- Saveable GUI layouts and hardware/software configurations so that every use case for your system can be customized and remembered for easy switching between projects
- Flexible data recording and plotting utilities to help you interpret system behavior quickly and precisely
- Error logging to streamline debugging