Meet the Portable Caplex System
Inspired by the same design philosophy as our Full-Sized Caplex System, the Portable Caplex System is the ideal hardware and software platform for exploring, developing, and testing the benefits of wearable assistance, training/rehabilitation, and augmentation strategies—overground, outside, and in unstructured environments. Powered and controlled by off-board actuation and control systems, integrated together into a single unit that can be worn as a backpack or placed on a benchtop, and powered via a standard wall outlet or onboard battery pack, the Portable Caplex System provides exceptional performance and versatility to meet even the most challenging requirements. The platform is tried-and-true, thanks to years of experience with our customers and their invaluable experience, and ever-expanding, given a constantly growing user base that challenges us in new ways.
With the same modular architecture and interfaces used in the full-sized version, the Portable Caplex system can be configured to meet your unique needs without lengthy custom-development cycles—so even if we don’t have what you need off the shelf, we can develop plugins quickly and efficiently. In our burgeoning field, leveraging the prior work of others and collaborating effectively is more important than ever, requiring a common development platform to facilitate easy communication of ideas and translatability of work products. We welcome you to join our growing and supportive community as we innovate together toward a world where prosthetics, orthotics, exoskeletons, and other wearable robotics are more ubiquitous, more helpful, and more cost-effective than ever before.
- Wearable device(s) used by the individual whose mobility is being affected by the system
- Off-board benchtop or backpack-mounted actuators featuring compact high-performance brushless servomotors with exceptional power and torque density, powered by a standard wall outlet
- Off-board benchtop or backpack-mounted control system including high-performance real-time control software and hardware to read and process sensor signals and compute motor commands with out-of-the-box control algorithms or your custom versions
- Optional battery power system and wireless host PC controls to completely free the user of the Caplex system from the constraints of the treadmill
- Tether(s) which transmit(s) the electrical signals and mechanical actuation via bowden cable(s) between the off-board components and the wearable device(s)
Frequently Asked Questions
Caplex EXO wearable devices, subject to your maximum torque requirements. We have tested the system extensively with EXO-001 and EXO-005 and are currently working to benchmark the system and adapt it to interface with other wearables. Please contact us with your specific requirements!